The Events Manager’s Role
From your very first viewing of Pendrell Hall right through to leaving the venue on your wedding night as a newly married couple, our experienced team of Events Managers are on hand to answer your questions, offer advice and recommendations and generally ensure you enjoy the wedding day of your dreams.
Planning & Preparation
Throughout the planning and preparation for your wedding, we get as involved just as much as you want. Some couples are happy to do everything themselves and just discuss their plans with us at the Final Planning Meeting; other couples prefer a helping hand and
use us to bounce ideas off as they go along. Whatever your preference just know that we’re here to help, your big day is terribly important to us and we all appreciate what a great privilege it is to be a part of your wedding.
Your Planning Meeting
Around eight weeks prior to your Wedding Day we’ll invite you to your Final Planning Meeting which is held at Pendrell Hall with the Events Manager who will be working on your wedding day. This is a great opportunity to discuss your plans face to face and for the Events Manager to gain an understanding of how you’d like your day to run.
During the meeting the Events Manager will ask for details of which suppliers you have chosen, who your florist is, your photographer etc. We’ll establish the running order for your wedding day and get clarity over the timings. We’ll also agree a suitable slot for you to drop off all your wedding items including any drinks you may be supplying and all your name place cards, favours etc.
Online Wedding Planner
Your Events Manager will then transfer all this information into the ‘My Wedding Day’ page of your personal section of our website and invite you to review it. It’s amazing how cathartic it is for you to see all your hard work come together in one cohesive document.
Your Events Manager will refer to this document throughout your wedding day so it’s important that you advise us of any changes or amends required, prior to your big day.
On your Wedding Day
We’re on site all day, working hard to make sure everything rums smoothly for you. Briefly we’re there to . . .
- Set up for you in the morning. We’ll set out your decorations, name place cards, favours, ceremony seating name cards, post box for gift cards etc.
- Welcome you when you arrive and make sure you’re comfortable in The Bridal Preparation Suite
- Help your florist and cake supplier find what they need to set up
- Meet and greet your guests as they arrive and invite them into the Entrance Hall or straight into The Morning Room
- Pin button holes (we’ve had lots of practice!)
- Liaise with the Registrar to ensure the ceremony goes smoothly and the correct music is played
- Discuss timings with your photographer
- Monitor and adjust the temperature as required
- Move any decorations from The Morning Room to The Ball Room as required and light any tea lights
- Keep an eye on the time and work with your Best Man, Ushers and MC to ensure that your guests are all seated in The Ball Room
- Orchestrate your grand entrance to The Ball Room as Husband and Wife
- Move any forgotten personal belongings to the anteroom during your meal
- Place gifts and cards safely in your suite during your meal
- Provide the microphone when it’s time for speeches
- Help the catering staff make any changes required to the tables and chairs after the wedding breakfast, this could be adding extra tables and chairs in preparation for any additional evening guests or dropping tables off the dance floor to accommodate the band or DJ.
- Invite you to cut the cake and encourage you onto the dance floor to do your First Dance
- Remain on hand to help with any requests during the evening and wish you well at the end of the night.
Meet The Team
Read more about each member of our Award Winning Team here ….